In this lecture, Dr Yasir Qadhi goes over the historical events prior to the build up of World War One, how the Ottoman Caliphate was drawn into the Great War siding with Germany and the eventual abolishment of the Khilafah on 3 March 1924.
Dr Qadhi goes into detail about the political, social and economical state of the Ottomans prior to WW1, the European powers, namely Britain who was the main protagonist in carving up the Muslim world along with France.
- He also covers the following:
- Events prior to WW1.
- The outbreak of WW1.
- How and why did the Ottomans get involved in WW1?
- Decisive battles between the Uthmani Khilafah and the Allied forces.
- T.E. Lawrence and the initiation of the Arab Revolt.
- Sykes-Picot Agreement (Britain and France), Husayn-MacMahon Agreement (Britain and the Arabs) and the Balfour Declaration (Britain and the Zionist Federation).
- Paris Peace Conference and the Treaty of Versailles.
- The abolishment of the Khilafah and the carving up of the Muslim world.
- The state of the Ummah today and Islamic revival.